Thursday, February 7, 2019

Thing 8: Digital Curation Tools


For this lesson I read several articles and explored a few different tools on curation. I have heard of some of these tools before, but I hadn't thought of them in this way. For example, I love the idea of using Pinterest in the classroom. This is such a great way to curate resources for students in one place. I also think it's easy to navigate, so they would find success with it. I explored Diigo and I think it's a good concept, but probably more effective for older students. I also tried using Padet. I think this would be a good tool for students to collect ideas on a topic. For example, if the class had to respond to a text they could add their thoughts to the Padlet page as well as read the feedback of their peers. There are a lot of options here! I think the most important takeaway is that all of these outlets will increase engagement with our students!


https://padlet.com/aerin025/eduh5xfdj5z7

1 comment:

  1. I love padlet, so easy to use with all ages from younger students to adults. Diigo is definitely better for older students, it's not visually engaging, but great for more complex research projects.

    ReplyDelete