Saturday, January 12, 2019

Thing 2: Student Blogging & Writing


During this lesson I explored a variety of articles and videos on the topic of student blogging. I also explored the kids blog options and looked at some examples of second grade student blogs. I do see the value of using blogging with my students. Some of the big takeaways include improved reading and writing skills, enhanced 21st century learning, and an increase in confidence and creativity. You could use blogging to enhance a writing project in a few ways. Knowing your page will be "live" and allowing students to comment on one another's work gives increased meaning to student work.  As stated in several articles, they will want it (their work) to be good! Students would also be motivated to showcase their work and share their work with their families upon completion of an assignment. As a teacher of special education students, I believe that blogging would give my kids an extra boost of confidence. I think they would be so proud to see their work displayed in this way!





x

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post hitting on really important pros to blogging, even with the younger students.

    ReplyDelete