Sunday, January 20, 2019

Thing 4: Twitter, Facebook & Personal Learning Networks


In exploring this topic I realized I am somewhere between Option 2 and Option 3. Because I've had a Twitter page for education for several years now I decided to start with Option 3. However, I rarely use my Twitter page. I explored the Paper.li but found it to be confusing. I liked the 93 Free Twitter Tools and Apps article and  like the idea of data visualization provided by Riffle and SocialBro, but I don't feel like I use Twitter enough to benefit from these tools. Because of this, I went back to Option 2. I really liked the information I was able to find just by searching #edchat and #iteachsecond. While there were many hashtags I looked into, I found these to be the most relevant. One piece of interesting information leads right into another! I followed other teachers with similar interests. I particularly liked #iteachsecond because I liked seeing the way teachers had their students engage with content. Moving forward I will be including these hashtags in my tweets and using them to see what other educators are doing in their classrooms and communities.

Follow me! @MrsKemmerer1


1 comment:

  1. Terrific!! So glad you found the hashtags and community that work for you. That really is the key to getting useful info out of twitter. Otherwise, it's pretty much just noise. Well done!

    ReplyDelete